Our mission is to bring children together, share stories with them and help them gain wisdom and thus expand their horizons.
Hello to all the parents and teachers. I am story-didi/ story-bhaiyya and I welcome you all to your own storycamp. As children, every night before we went to bed, we had a ritual of listening to stories by our parents or grandparents. Those stories were some of our most precious memories and tools of leaning. They made us acquainted about our culture, traditions, values and also provided us rich playground of imagination and strong foundation of wisdom. Not just stories, we had a family treasure of folklore, folksongs and family rituals. With families becoming smaller, this heritage is also shrinking. Our dream is to pass on this rich inheritance to our children and future generations. Our mission is to bring children together, share stories with them and help them gain wisdom and thus expand their horizons. For us, stories are tools of communication, learning and personality development. Our objectives are:
- Providing children technology free space
Using storycamp as a tool, we wish to
- Create space and time for children where they can be away from technology and not feel bored.
- Provide children experiences and learning using all their senses.
- Ensure maximum environmental stimulation.
- Enable learning and utilizing skills of imagination, communication, creativity and personality development.
- Platform for peer interaction among children
Using the platform of storycamp, we wish to
- Provide space to children where they can interact their peers
- Improve peer interactions among children
- Modelling constructive peer activities
- Facilitating better parent child interaction practices. We wish to carry the learning from storycamp to the children’s homes by
- Creating family rituals
- Introducing interactive activities between parents and children
- Generating ideas to help parents and children spend their time together in a more creative and interactive manner.